Thursday, August 25, 2011

Southern Comfort

Lots of hap-nins here in Honolulu this summer.  Most notably the sudden relocation of Donivee's mother, Marnie, to Oregon last week.  It's an idea that has been percolating for some time, but following a major medical event at the end of July and subsequent intensive physical rehab at Pohai Nani's Care Center, we accelerated her move to Farmington Square in Beaverton.  She's doing quite well, Thad is just minutes away, and all of her children will be taking turns with her care management. I'm heading up next week to join Doni and we'll split time between Beaverton and Quadra Island through September.

Which brings me to the next chapter of Biker Buck's 50-50.  I'm scheduled to pick up an RV in Houston on Oct. 5 and will make a clockwise tour of TX, OK, AR, KY and the Deep South over three weeks. I plan to cover 10 or 11 of my favorite states, drop in on a few friends and relatives along the way, and take in the Texas - Oklahoma game at the Cotton Bowl thanks to my cousin Jeff Laird.

In lieu of the customary happy snaps in this blog, please entertain yourself with the short video about the RV by visiting:

http://www.cruiseamerica.com/rent/our_vehicles/compact_rv.aspx


I'm planning Southern Comfort as a solo adventure, but I reckon there's room for one more plus bike in the C19.  So if you've got a hankerin' for a heapin' helpin' of some Southern hos-pit-al-i-tee just give me a holler, ya hea?

UPDATE: ABSENT A CO-CONSPIRITOR IN THE CAB, BIKER BUCK CANCELLED THE RV AND BOOKED A MINI-VAN FOR HIS SOLO ADVENTURE. FEEL FREE TO ENJOY THE VIDDIE ON VEHICLE THAT WAS LEFT AT THE PROVERBIAL ALTER. BB 10/11

No comments:

Post a Comment